JSW Cement announces JV with Wagner’s Group to bring Earth Friendly Concrete (EFC) to India
- The new venture to be called ‘JSW-Wagner’s’ and will be a subsidiary of JSW Cement
- JSW Cement to make considerable push to market EPC in Inida
- JV to be fully operational by January 2017. First batch of EPC to ship out by July 2017
JSW Cement, India’s leading cement brand entered into a joint venture with Wagner’s Group of Australia to promote the concept and usage of Earth Friendly Concrete (EFC) in India.
JSW will hold 74% stake in the JV while Wagner’s Group will hold the remaining 26% in the venture. The JV will be operational by January 2017. The focus of the JV will be to promote EFC and look to create a category for geo polymer based cement in India.
EFC is an environmental friendly product. The use of EFC will erase the demand of Portland cement which is responsible for high CO2 emission. EFC concrete is CEMENT FREE concrete, having unique value proposition that utilises industrial by products like slag and fly ash. EFC looks into resource conservation, energy savings and offers customers unique durability performance along with highest level of sustainability.
Following are the properties of EFC
- EFC offers the highest resistance to the common forms of concrete degradation.
- Highest sulphate resistance available
- High chloride ion resistance
- High acid resistance
- Low shrinkage
- Low heat of reaction (Max core temp of EFC is 16 degree C )
- pH of concrete is 13
Speaking on the occasion Mr.Parth Jindal, MD- JSW Cement Ltd said,” We are pleased to announce our JV with Wagner Group, the only company in the world to commercially produce EFC on a very large scale. With this merger, we hope to expand our horizons in the industry and bring in growth & greater heights to the expansion of our company”