Giving Back More Than We Take
Holistic growth is at the heart of our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy. We continually engage with the people and communities around us, so that we can offer them everything that benefits them in the long term.
Furthermore, we also encourage our employees to make decisions aimed at empowering society at large. We are also committed to:
- Improving living conditions
- Social development
- Addressing social inequalities
- Promoting art and culture
- Rural development
- Promoting Sports
- Promoting Swachh Bharat
- In Karnataka, we spearheaded a 'Mission Against Malnutrition' (MAM) model that covered 12,098 children in six years, and 888 pregnant women and 2,452 lactating mothers this year alone.
- We launched Phone-Sakhi (a timed and targeted voice calling facility) at our Ratnagiri Direct impact zone (DIZ), which gave pregnant women and new mothers, information related to their pregnancy, infants' immunisation, and general care.
- At our Sholtu DIZ, we repaired and renovated four Government schools and set up mini science labs in five Government schools.
- Rural women are part of eight self-help groups (SHGs) at our Barmer DIZ and we are providing them with regular training inputs to enhance handicraft product designs with the support of SURE.
- Through JSW Sports, we have supported and nurtured several sporting stalwarts like Olympic bronze medalist Sakshi Malik, Lalita Babbar, Sumit Nagal, Aryan Makhija, Sandeep Tomar and Satyawart Kadian, among others.