Supply Chain Sustainability
Supply chains are at the core of every business today. With ever-growing green consumerism, Supply Chain Sustainability (SCS) has become a business imperative that not only impels the business in focus, but also impacts all its stakeholders. SCS mainly relates to a climate-smart supply chain planning that intends to amalgamate environmental, social and economic impacts
of an organization’s value chain.
Supplier Code of Conduct
At JSW, we are focused on growing responsibly and taking our suppliers along with us in our journey towards a better future because alone we can do only little and together so much. With the same in mind, we have developed a Supplier Code of Conduct to align the interests of our businesses with those of all our business associates in procurement chain including suppliers, vendors, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants, and business partners.
The Code takes cognizance of the themes of human rights, labour, environment, and anti-corruption, as described in the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC). It covers 5 themes, namely-
- Compliance Management- This includes issues like statutory compliances, quality assurance, end-user information, sanctions and dealings with embargoed entities and tax evasion.
- Environment- This includes issues like environment protection, management of hazardous materials, waste & effluent management, energy & water use, responsible production and consumption, air emissions and ecosystem.
- Human Rights- This includes issues like protection of human rights, promotion of humane treatment, indigenous culture and local communities.
- Labour- This includes issues like freedom of association and collective bargaining, freedom of speech and expression, forced and compulsory labour, child labour, discrimination, protection of vulnerable groups, occupational health & safety, industrial hygiene, wages, working hours and other conditions of work.
- Business Ethics- This includes issues like prohibition of corrupt practices, conflict of interest, gifts & hospitality, post-employment restrictions, business conduct, information security, ethical competition and responsiveness.
We recognise that a business’s supply chain is as resilient as its strongest links. Hence, we aim to continually improve our partnerships as we aspire to become better every day.