The strategic location of the Salem plant allows it to cater to the demanding needs of the major auto hubs in South India. Located around 340 kilometers from Chennai and 180 kilometers from Bangalore, it is well connected with railway lines, highways and ports, which makes the transportation of raw materials and finished products easy. This, coupled with its start-of-the-art technology and unique processes, makes Salem a steel plant that’s truly a cut above the rest.
A trailblazer, in every sense
- The largest special steel plant in India with 1 MTPA Capacity
- The leading virgin special steel producer
- Produces more than 850 special grades of steel
- Provides a wide range of sizes and grades all under one roof
- Utilizes a 8 Stand H/V Mill for superior size reduction
- Uses the Kocks block technology for providing ¼ DIN standard
- It also has a phased array technology that detects internal defects
- Successfully achieves zero-waste discharge
- Achieves a 100% waste utilization
- More than 70% of captive power generation is done through waste heat
- One of the few plants to use Energy Optimizing Furnace (EOF) for special steel production
Backed by its cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art equipment, the Salem plant continues to meet the rising demands of customers and deliver top-notch products.