JSW Tarapur was acquired in 1982, and was the first plant to have a galvanising line commissioned for it. It is also recognised as India’s largest producer and exporter of coated products, and features a 30MW captive power plant. With clients spread across Europe, North and South America, Africa and the Middle East, Tarapur has both the technology and the equipment to cater to every need.
The first mover’s advantage
- First plant to specialize in ultra-thin coated products
- The only plant in India which features two dual product lines - Galvanised cum Galvalume®.
- The first plant in India to develop higher coating Galvanised products for solar segment
- The only plant to feature a thicker gauge Galvalume® for solar segment under the brand name of Galvos.
- It will soon launch a new facility of 0.20 MTPA Electrolytic Tinning Line through Continuous Annealing Route.
Technology and Equipment
Galvalume® was launched with technology from BIEC International Inc., USA. The technology license qualifies JSW Steel to continually access the latest product innovations and process refinements through BIEC and the ZAC Association.